Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Book Review of the Month: June

Hi everyone!
Okay, so I've been thinking... I've really enjoyed my school project to read a book and review it every month, and I've had fun reviewing the books I read on my blog. So, why should I stop just because it's Summer vacation! So, here's my first installment of Book of the Month: Summer Edition.

Keeper of the Doves
By Betsy Byars (reviewed by Frankie)

Summery:
Keeper of the Doves is about a young Victorian girl named Amen McBee, and her four sisters. Together they grow up in fear of the strange man, Mr. Tominski, who lurks around their home and is known as the "keeper of the doves." But one day, Amen's father catches the girls making fun of Mr. Tominski, and they find out that Mr. Tominski is not only their father's friend, but is considered a member of the family because he saved Mr. McBee's life many years ago. After that, Amen begins to look at Mr. Tom in a different way; as the gentle man he is, who spends his days caring for doves. But Amen's sisters still fear him. Then, a terrible mistake changes everyone's life.

My thoughts:
I really liked this book. It was a nice story about people and forgiveness. I think the main message of the book is that no matter how small a person's world seems, every person has value. I'll never forget this sad-sweet story. I enjoyed it. It was a very thought provoking story.

My rating: 4/5 stars

See the author's website here: http://www.betsybyars.com/doves.html


Frankly,
Frankie

No comments:

Post a Comment