I am just bursting with exciting news today! *bursts* :)
My new friend Hannah has been telling me about a neat hobby she has; performing random acts of kindness! This means doing nice or helpful things for people (sometimes without them even knowing), just because you want to. She says when she does something nice for people, it's like having a fun secret. And it just makes her feel happy. She does things like helping her neighbor carry her groceries, letting someone ahead of her in a line, or just asking someone about their day. Things like that. It's easy! She gave me the idea to try doing random acts of kindness too! We even came up with a list of easy things to do:
1. Pick up litter and throw it away.
2. Donate unwanted books to your library (ask your parents first).
3. Hold a door open for someone.
4. Make a card for someone you know, to cheer them up.
5. Say "thank you" to your teacher for his/her hard work.
6. Compliment a friend's outfit.
7. Buy a bag of pet food and donate it to an animal shelter (again, ask your parents first).
8. Invite someone new to sit with you at lunch.
9. Ask younger siblings to play.
10. Just smile at someone!
The thing about kindness is that it's contagious. If you do something nice for someone, chances are, they'll find themselves doing something nice for someone else. Then that person will do something nice for someone else, then that person will... well, you get the idea.
Do you have any other ideas for what someone can do to brighten another person's day? Feel free to share it!